The Washington Post’s Digital Audience team is seeking a social media editor, a central role in our newsroom. Social Media touches every point along the chain of our operations — from news gathering to community building to discovery — and the editor works at the tip of the spear for those efforts.
The ideal candidate should be a master in the art of headline writing. They should have the skill to identify potential stories emerging on various social platforms and be comfortable pitching those ideas to reporters and editors for different beats and sections around the room. Strong news judgment and a quick metabolism for processing information are vital. Representing the voice of The Washington Post on social media requires a unique pairing of quick twitch smarts and measured actions. You should know when and how to amplify something and when to let a story play out by itself. You should have a deep knowledge of how to optimize both content and technology for each individual social platform. In addition, we want you to be comfortable sorting through emerging best practices, passing fads and calcifying conventional wisdom.
We require experience using analytics to track audience growth and engagement across social platforms. You should be knowledgeable about trends in online news and simultaneously curious about the little things that might work for Washington Post content. We’ll look for you to take initiative and oversee long-term projects and breaking news alike. You will bring social voice to our daily stories and infuse top flight internet research skills and community outreach in our enterprise reporting.
- 5+ years of journalism experience. Reporting/blogging/writing experience is required.
- Experience working on social media for a news organization.
- Experience building audience through social networks (Twitter, Facebook and beyond) through branded (non-personal) accounts.
- Experience on alternate social networks like Pinterest, StumbleUpon, etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML and how the Internet works.
- Experience reading and using analytics to help you make decisions.
- Ability to investigate and verify claims on social media.
- Experience producing and editing graphics, video and/or photos.
- Experience with a large scale enterprise CMS or WordPress.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Team player with desire to collaborate.
- Social media junkie.
We want to hear about how you’d use social tools across Washington Post platforms to tell stories and engage readers. If you’re interested, please contact Ryan Kellett, Justin Bank or Tracy Grant (email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com) with a cover letter in the body of an e-mail stating your qualifications (with links, please!). Also please attach a resume or just provide your public LinkedIN URL.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Diversity and Inclusion is essential to The Washington Post. It stimulates innovation, business growth and the connection to our community; which in turn ensures delivery of the best content, products, and services to our consumers.